Meet-and-greet at the Murmansk Airport and transfer to the hotel/ Check-in:14:00
After check-in and lunch we will take you on a city tour of Murmansk. You will:
– get acquainted with the world’s biggest city in the Arctic Circle;
– learn a lot of interesting facts about Murmansk;
– see the city’s main attractions.
You will see nature of fantastic beauty: hills, rocks, tundra, thousands of lakes – those are just words, behind which endless impressions and emotions are hidden.
– see the first nuclear icebreaker Lenin and the “Alyosha” – a memorial to the Defenders of the Soviet Arctic in the years of the Great Patriotic War.
– get acquainted with the cat Semyon and his history.
– take a look at the city of Murmansk from different sides and unexpected angles.
After the city sightseeing you can relax and enjoy a good dinner at the hotel. However, the day’s program is not over yet.
At 21.00 we will take you on a 3-hour Northern Lights Hunt (longer hunt (up to 8 hours) is available too; it starts earlier, so should you prefer a longer option, regular dinner will be replaced with dinner-boxes).
We will take you to a special place, located outside the city limits. That place is the most suitable for Hunting for the Northern Lights. En route you will learn everything about the origin of that amazing phenomenon, you will then be able to find it in the sky and even take a selfie against the background of the Northern Lights.
Please keep in mind – it is a natural phenomenon and cannot be guaranteed!
After the hunt, which will hopefully be successful, we will take you back to the hotel.